“Don’t you just love new years? you get to start all over. Everybody gets a second chance.” – Forrest Gump (1994)
I loathe the word slapped and most variants of it. Yet, for such a year as 2020, perhaps that word justly defines what a slap in the face it was. Perhaps it was even necessary. Having said that, everyone here is proud of you for sticking around, as there’s still plenty to be thankful for and so, so much to look forward to.
And there is still much work to be done. While 2020 may have set the standard fairly low for modern day “shit-years”, it is these times that (hopefully) cause one to reflect heavily on what makes them happy.
Matter of fact, what pisses them off? What makes it all worth it? Do you miss playing dobro, or does one miss all eyes on you, showbro?
Currently in the GF world, our parent entity Parkertown (KLEM Industries) have been privately contracted to assist with a paranormal research team, beginning next year.
Long-time confidants of Gypsy Farm will take over the label, PR, and video division, assuring 2021 has a visual soundtrack, never mind the theme.
Patron’s of our bandcamp store can save 30% off everything, now until January 2nd. Enter code: byebye2020
In the spirit of positivity, and by direct-order of Gypsy Farm’s in-house dokter, here lay a countdown of but only a few mini achievements, for this year, 2020:
8. Distributed to more record stores, than in 2019
7. Grew our YouTube channel with a variety of subjects
6. Successful in-store showcase at Yesterdaze Records
5. Recorded two full-length albums with the Dish Boys
4. Released 13+ titles to our online catalog
3. Pressed The Humms’ Vampire Hours album
2. Played a gig at Jesco White’s house
1. Donated 936 meals to the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia via purchases from our bandcamp store
As stated before, we’re glad you’re here and hope to see you next year.